fresh wax or green beans, a handful
1 can of red kidney beans
1 can of chick peas
1 can of apple jelly
1 tsp salt
1/4 cup cider vinegar
4 tsp cornstarch
1/2 red onion, diced
2 stalks of celery, sliced
1/2 red pepper, chopped
• Wash, clean and chop the green beans.
• Cook or steam until tender but still bright green.
• Drain and let cool completely.
• Place cooled beans in a serving bowl.
• Drain the canned beans.
• Add the drained beans to the green beans.
• In a saucepan cook the apple jelly, salt, vinegar, cornstarch until thickened.
• Let the apple jelly mixture cool completely.
• Stir the cooled apple jelly mixture into the vegetables.
• Chop the onion, celery and bell peppers and stir into the beans.
• Chill the bean salad for 4 hours and serve.