Day old Greek salad is soggy right? Well it doesn't have to be. Serve the dressing and the feta cheese on the side. This helps the calorie conscious and the leftovers remain fresh for a couple of days.
2 Tbsp Greek seasoning
2 Tbsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
1 Romaine lettuce
1 English cucumber, sliced into thick half-moons cubed
1/2 red onion, sliced into rings sliced
1/2 green pepper, julienned
2 tomatoes cut to wedges
4-6 small pickled hot peppers (optional)
1/2 cup black olives, pitted
1/4 cup feta cheese
• Place the Greek seasoning, lemon juice, vinegar and oil in a small jar with a screw-top lid and shake to combine.
• Wash, dry and tear the lettuce into manageable salad sizes.
• Chop the vegetables.
• Place the lettuce and chopped vegetables in a large bowl.
• Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently to combine just before serving.
• Distribute the hot peppers on the top. (optional)
• Top with crumbled feta cheese.