1/4 cup + 2 Tbsp butter, melted and cooled
4 egg whites
scant 1/2 cup sugar
3 Tbsp flour
1 cup fine unsweetened coconut
• Melt the butter and set it aside to cool down.
• Meanwhile line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
• Beat the egg whites until very soft peeks form.
• Gradually add the sugar, beating all the while.
• Spoon by spoon beat in the flour.
• Gradually pour in the cooled, melted butter, beating all the while.
• Gradually add the coconut and beat it until well combined.
• Set the oven to 375F.
• Using a pastry bag or a soupspoon, place a little mound of batter on the prepared baking sheet. If using a spoon, use your left finger to guide the batter, so it forms a nice round mound. Do NOT press it down. This takes time, especially if you use a spoon. By the time two baking sheets are filled, the oven should be ready.
• Place the cookie sheet in the preheated oven and bake from 10-12 minutes, until the cookies are starting to get a little color around the edge.
• Remove baking sheet from the oven and let the cookies cool down on the cookie sheet.
• Once cooled, the cookies will easily separate from the parchment paper.