2/3 cup butter
1-1/3 cup yellow sugar
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1-2/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Lightly spray an 8 x 8-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
• Fully line the pan with parchment paper with some overhang on two sides.
• Melt the butter and add the yellow sugar.
• Whisk to combine. Make sure there are no sugar lumps.
• Add the vanilla and the eggs.
• Whisk to combine.
Add the flour, baking powder and the salt.
• Stir to combine.
• Beat on high speed for a couple of minutes.
• Pour batter into the prepared pan.
• Stir until combined again. Beat for two minutes.
• Bake until a cake tester comes out clean and the top is lightly domed. Grab the two overhangs; the cake should easily slide out of the pan. Cut into squares.