Adapted to from the salad on Just Easy Recipes, and I have to agree this salad is easy and simple. I cooked my own lentils, they were done by the time I chopped up the vegetables and whisked up the dressing. I rinsed them under cold running water and promptly assembled the salad. I changed some of the amounts, but otherwise, I followed the recipe faithfully. I made it for a family gathering and it was a hit.
1/2 cup of green lentils, cooked and rinsed
1 yellow pepper, sliced into cubes
1 green pepper, sliced into cubes
1 tomato, sliced into cubes
1/2 red onion, sliced into cubes
1 cup of creamy feta cheese [Saputo]
1/2 cup chopped coriander
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tsp mixed herbs
• Place the lentils in 1-1/2 cups of water and cook until soft.
• Meanwhile wash the vegetables and dice them into large cubes.
• Place the vegetables in a large bowl and set aside.
• Make the salad dressing and set aside.
• Combine dressing ingredients in a measuring cup.
• Whisk together with a small balloon whisk until mixture emulsifies.
• Set the dressing aside.
• Drain the cooked lentils.
• Rinse them under cold running water and drain again.
• Add the lentils to the chopped vegetables.
• Add the feta cheese.
• Toss lightly and transfer mixture into a salad bowl.
• Transfer the dressing [via funnel] into a decanter and serve it alongside the salad.