image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

23.11.13

CANDIED ALMONDS


Just look at that shine, it's all candy! Adapted from Cook's.com Honey Roasted Almonds, candied almonds are fabulously tasty things. I couldn't stop eating them so I ended up giving them away. A while back I started to carry a snack bag of plain raw almonds in my purse and since then I have not had to make an emergency stop at Tim Horton’s. I wanted a change, but you know the saying, if something tastes too good it probably is.

2 cups whole raw almonds
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp light olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

• Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan and place in a cold oven.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375F, stirring occasionally, until the internal colour of nuts is tan.
• Remove from oven and set aside.
• Turn the oven down to 250F.
• In a medium size pan stir together the honey, water and oil and bring to the boil.
• Stir in the sugar and the salt.
• Stir in the roasted almonds and continue to cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the nuts.
• Meanwhile line the rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
• Next, transfer the nuts onto the parchment lined baking pan.
• Separate the clumps and continue to roast at 250F until the nuts are glassy and are no longer sticky to the touch.
• These could last well.

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive