23.11.13

CANDIED ALMONDS

Just look at that shine, it's all candy! Adapted from Cook's.com, candied almonds are fabulously tasty things. I couldn't stop eating them so I ended up giving them away. A while back I started to carry a snack bag of plain raw almonds in my purse and since then I have not had to make an emergency stop at Tim Horton’s. I wanted a change, but you know the saying, if something tastes too good it probably is.

CANDIED ALMONDS
2 cups whole raw almonds
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp water
2 tsp light olive oil
1/4 cup sugar
1/4 tsp salt

• Spread the almonds in a single layer on a rimmed baking pan and place in a cold oven.
• Bake for 12-15 minutes at 375F, stirring occasionally, until the internal colour of nuts is tan.
• Remove from oven and set aside.
• Turn the oven down to 250F.
• In a medium size pan stir together the honey, water and oil and bring to the boil.
• Stir in the sugar and the salt.
• Stir in the roasted almonds and continue to cook and stir until all the liquid has been absorbed by the nuts.
• Meanwhile line the rimmed baking pan with parchment paper.
• Next, transfer the nuts onto the parchment lined baking pan.
• Separate the clumps and continue to roast at 250F until the nuts are glassy and are no longer sticky to the touch.
• These could last well.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!