CARROT LOAF CAKE
I made this loaf cake about a week ago. It was a big hit. Well who doesn't love a good carrot cake? Everyone in my family loves it, raisins, eh… not as much. So I left the raisins out. The real beauty of it was that we enjoyed it without icing or butter. It was soft and moist and had a lovely orange flavour. The preparation was minimal; all you need is a large mixing bowl, a balloon whisk and a wooden spoon.
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup light olive oil
3 large eggs, lightly beaten
1-1/2+ 1/3 cups self raising flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
grated zest of 1 large orange
3 large carrots, grated
1/3 cup raisins
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Line a loaf pan with parchment paper.
• Place the brown sugar, olive oil and the eggs in a large mixing bowl and whisk them together.
• Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon and the grated nutmeg and lightly mix with a wooden spoon.
• Add the orange zest and give it a stir.
• Next, stir in the grated carrots and the raisins.
• Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan and bake for 40-45 minutes, until it feels firm and springy when you press it in the centre.
• Let it cool before slicing.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!