TIPSY RAISIN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
Peter, Peter Pumpkin Hater – will you have one of these? Ever since I discovered I am allergic to alcohol I look for recipes with liquor. Cooked, I still get to taste booze without reaction. Adapted from “Eat In Eat Out” Magazine, this was classified as a dessert and I can’t argue with that. It is yummy, so yummy that a pumpkin hater could enjoy it. It’s all in the scotch. I replaced the rum with good scotch, cut the recipe in half and added 2 chopped white chocolate squares. It made 10 good sized desserts. Sorry I can’t bring myself to call them muffins… these are so much more.
1/4 cup good scotch
1/4 cup water
1 cup raisins
1-1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1/2 Tbsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup oil
3/4 + 1/8 cup pumpkin puree
2 squares of white chocolate, chopped
• Heat the scotch and the water until very hot.
• Pour over the raisins and let it soak overnight.
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Butter a muffin tin and set it aside.
• Whisk together the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
• In a smaller bowl whisk the eggs, oil and the pumpkin until well combined.
• Add the pumpkin mixture to the dry mixture and stir to combine.
• Fold the chopped white chocolate and the drained raisins into the batter.
• Fill the buttered muffin tins almost full.
• Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes.
• Makes 10 large fluffy muffins
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- CHOCOLATE DIPPED FILO STICKS
- SMOKED SOCKEYE
- FROZEN STRAWBERRY CHEESE PIE
- CANDIED ALMONDS
- ISLER - ISLER
- CHICKEN FINGERS
- RAW BEATROOT SALAD
- HUNGARIAN RISOTTO - RIZOTTÓ
- CHOCOLATE CLOUD CUPCAKES
- ZERO DESSERT
- CARROT LOAF CAKE
- BELL PEPPER STEW WITH SOUR CREAM - TEJFÖLÖS PAPRIK...
- TOMATO POTATOES - PARADICSOMOS KRUMPLIFŐZELÉK
- APPLE DRESSING
- TIPSY RAISIN PUMPKIN MUFFINS
- PINEAPPLE UPSIDE DOWN CAKE
- ▼ November (16)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)