6 egg whites
2 cups lukewarm milk
1 tsp instant dry yeast
sprinkling of salt
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set it aside.
- Beat the egg yolks and sugar until thick.
- Add the yeast and the salt to the yolk mixture.
- Add the flour and the milk alternatively.
- To avoid lumps start with a little bit of flour and milk first and stir it into the yolk mixture.
- Gradually increase the amounts alternating the flour and the milk, until all two cups are added. Finally fold in the stiff egg whites.
- Set aside to rest for 15-20 minutes. It won’t rise much, only the consistency changes.
- Heat a stick free larger skillet and add 1 tsp of oil.
- With a large ladle scoop up from the batter and ladle it onto the hot skillet.
- Tip the skillet so the batter spreads out evenly.
- Flip the crepe after holes appear on the top.
- When the underside gets a nice colour, slide it on the plate and gently fold it over.
- Serve the crepe with the desired topping or accompaniment.