BOOZY BAKED FRENCH TOAST
I am wishing all my dear blogging friends a blessed Easter, Passover Seder and a wonderful spring! I hope Ping and Myrna are both feeling better soon! I have been running around visiting and taking food here and far, meanwhile I have been cooking up a storm, but you know how it is, you tend to rely on your trusted recipes for special occasions. I made several challah and most were given away. But from the little bit I had left I made half a recipe of Boozy Baked French Toast for Jim and myself this morning.
1 loaf Challah bread in 1-inch slices
2-34 cups WHOLE milk
4 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp zest
6 Tbsp boozy flavourings, one or in a combination
Bailey’s, Cointreau, Frangelico (hazelnut), Chambord (raspberry), Creme de Cassis (black currant), Grand Marnier…
Start it the night before:
• Generously grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
• Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, salt and booze of your choice.
• arrange the slices in two tightly-packed layers in the pan.
Pour milk mixture over the bread.
• Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bread will absorb custard.
• Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
• Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
• Full recipe will serves six to eight people. Recipe was adapted from smitten kitchen.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (93)
- ► 2013 (106)
- CHEESY DUMPLINGS - SAJTOS NOKEDLI
- STEFANIA CAKE - STEFÁNIA TORTA
- POPPY SEED NOODLES - MÁKOS TÉSZTA
- COCOA NOODLES - KAKAÓS TÉSZTA
- BOOZY BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- STEFANIA MEATLOAF - STEFÁNIA VAGDALT
- CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
- GREEK POTATO CASSEROLE - GÖRÖG RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- CARAWAY SEED SOUP - KÖMÉNYMAG LEVES
- SPROUTING LENTILS
- SALZBURG DUMPLING
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (198)