BOOZY BAKED FRENCH TOAST
I am wishing all my dear blogging friends a blessed Easter, Passover Seder and a wonderful spring! I hope Ping and Myrna are both feeling better soon! I have been running around visiting and taking food here and far, meanwhile I have been cooking up a storm, but you know how it is, you tend to rely on your trusted recipes for special occasions. I made several challah and most were given away. But from the little bit I had left I made half a recipe of Boozy Baked French Toast for Jim and myself this morning.
1 loaf Challah bread in 1-inch slices
2-34 cups WHOLE milk
4 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp zest
6 Tbsp boozy flavourings, one or in a combination
Bailey’s, Cointreau, Frangelico (hazelnut), Chambord (raspberry), Creme de Cassis (black currant), Grand Marnier…
Start it the night before:
• Generously grease a 9×13-inch baking dish with butter.
• Whisk together milk, eggs, sugar, salt and booze of your choice.
• arrange the slices in two tightly-packed layers in the pan.
Pour milk mixture over the bread.
• Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight. Bread will absorb custard.
• Bake in a preheated oven at 350F for 45 minutes, or until puffed and golden.
• Cut into squares and serve with maple syrup.
• Full recipe will serves six to eight people. Recipe was adapted from smitten kitchen.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- ► 2013 (106)
- CHEESY DUMPLINGS - SAJTOS NOKEDLI
- STEFANIA CAKE - STEFÁNIA TORTA
- POPPY SEED NOODLES - MÁKOS TÉSZTA
- COCOA NOODLES - KAKAÓS TÉSZTA
- BOOZY BAKED FRENCH TOAST
- STEFANIA MEATLOAF - STEFÁNIA VAGDALT
- CARROT OATMEAL MUFFINS
- GREEK POTATO CASSEROLE - GÖRÖG RAKOTT KRUMPLI
- CARAWAY SEED SOUP - KÖMÉNYMAG LEVES
- SPROUTING LENTILS
- SALZBURG DUMPLING
- ▼ April (11)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (202)