4 hardboiled eggs, peeled
700 g lean ground pork
1 onion, diced
2 Tbsp olive oil
3 cloves of garlic, grated
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp caraway seeds, finely ground
1 Tbsp dried parsley
2 tsp marjoram
2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1/2 cup fine breadcrumbs
• Make the perfect hardboiled eggs.
• Set the oven to 350F.
• Place 2 Tbsp olive oil in a non stick pan.
• Add the onions and sauté until translucent.
• Place the ground pork in a large bowl.
• Add the sautéed onions and the grated garlic.
• Add the salt, pepper, ground caraway seeds, marjoram, parsley and Hungarian paprika.
• Add the eggs and the breadcrumbs.
• With clean hands, combine the meat mixture really well.
• Peel the hardboiled eggs.
• Place half of the meat mixture on a board.
• Shape the meat into a long oblong.
• Lay the hardboiled eggs in a row in the middle.
• Cover the eggs with the remaining dough and shape it into a loaf.
• Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray. This is important.*
• Bake the meatloaf at 350F for an hour.
• Serve it hot or cold.
* Some people grease the dish and sprinkle breadcrumbs on top. But this just makes a soggy mess out of the bottom half of the meatloaf. Use cooking spray instead and you can slice it or move it within 5-10 minutes.