broad egg noodles for 4
1 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup poppy seeds, finely ground
1/8 cup superfine sugar
• Bring a 4-liter pot of salted water to a boil.
• Add the noodles and boil until tender, 8 to 9 minutes. Drain.
• Pour the hot noodles though a large sieve and rinse under cold running water.
• Let the noodles drain completely.
• Melt the butter in the pot and return the drained noodles.
• Mix well to coat with butter. Cover and keep the noodles warm.
• Grind the poppy seeds in a coffee or seed grinder and mix thoroughly with the sugar.
• Transfer the warm buttered noodles to a large, preheated serving bowl.
• Sprinkle each serving generously with the sweetened poppy seed mixture.