image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

31.7.10

SUMMER SOUP - NYÁRI LEVES


I love it when the garden starts producing a variety of fresh vegetables. Generally I don’t add onion to this soup, because my home made stock had onions cooking in it already. But if you use commercial broth, add half a diced onion to the vegetables.

2 carrots
2 parsnips
1 cup green or wax beans
1/2 onion
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 pkg. flat leaf parsley
3 cups meat stock

• Slice the carrots, parsnip, kohlrabi, green beans, and whatever else fresh vegetables you happen to have on hand. Slice thinly.
• Dice the onion if needed and mince the garlic.
• Finely chop half a package of fresh wide leaf parsley.
• Heat 2-3 Tbsp olive oil in large pot over medium-high heat.
• Add the diced onion, the minced garlic and all the sliced vegetables to the pot.
• Finally add the chopped parsley and sprinkle with salt.
• Stir to coat the vegetables with the oil and sauté for five minutes or so.
• Add a little stock to prevent browning.
• When the vegetables are brightly coloured, pour in the stock.
• Adjust the salt and season with freshly ground pepper.
• Bring to boil and slow cook until vegetables are tender.
• Spoon the dumpling dough into the simmering soup.
• When dumplings float to the top remove from heat and cover pot.
• Let dumplings swell for ten minutes before serving.






  

2 comments:

  1. laura18.6.16

    sounds tasty and healthy :) thanks
    been trying to get away from the sodium killer soups from the supermarket

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my nothing beats homemade stock.

      Delete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive