image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

31.1.10

SOUP DUMPLINGS – LEVES GALUSKA


There are many variations of Hungarian soup dumpling. Substantial soups like gulyás require smaller garnish; csipetke and nokedli tends to be used there. But lighter meat, meat and vegetable combinations or clear vegetable soups require the larger kind of soup dumpling. These can be made from farina or flour. Some people prefer the heavy flour based galuska while others swear by the light and airy farina dumplings. This one is the flour based galuska.

1 egg
4 Tbsp flour
1 pinch salt

• Have the soup simmering.
• In a small bowl beat the egg with a fork until yolk and white is well combined.
• Add the flour.
• With the fork whisk the dough until smooth and elastic.
• First dip a soup spoon in the soup.
• Then scoop up a spoonful of dough and drop it in the simmering soup.
• Repeat until all the dough is used up.
• Cover the pot when all the galuska floats to the top.
• Remove from heat and let it sit for 5 minutes and serve the soup.
• Recipe feeds two.

  

4 comments:

  1. My mother (Croatian), used to make this soup. It's delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grandmother made these dumplings to drop in the chicken soup. Have you ever heard of a "string bean soup"? My great grandmother made it for my Mom. My Mom says it was fresh string beans, and made with a milk broth. We have been looking for a recipe for it forever! It may be something that my great grandmother just made up herself, but my Mom would love to know what the broth consisted of besides the milk, if anyone knows.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous11.1.17

    My French Canadian mother made these dumplings too! I make them as well. My kids love them, I put them in almost every soup I make. Just snowed here in Minnesota, pot of vegetable soup on the stove for supper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous11.1.17

    My French Canadian mother made these dumplings too! I make them as well. My kids love them, I put them in almost every soup I make. Just snowed here in Minnesota, pot of vegetable soup on the stove for supper.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive