5-6 potatoes, average size
4 thick slices of bacon, chopped
2 Tbsp olive oil
1 large onion, sliced
1 garlic, minced
salt and pepper to taste
1 cup sour cream [14%]
1/2 cup white cheese, grated
• Wash the potatoes and cook them halfway.
• Meanwhile fry the bacon bits in a fry pan until crispy.
• Remove bacon and set aside on paper towel.
• Discard the bacon fat and place 2 Tbsp olive oil in the fry pan.
• Slice the onions thinly, separating segments.
• Add the onions to the fry pan and begin to sauté on medium-low heat under cover.
• When onions are soft, remove the lid and lightly crisp the onions, turning over often.
• When onions are golden crispy, remove from heat and set aside.
• Pour off potato water and gently let the potatoes fall into the sink.
• As soon as you are able, peel off the skins.
• Slice the potatoes and place them in a large bowl.
• Add the minced garlic and season with salt and pepper.
• Add the sour cream and gently stir to coat the potatoes.
• Fold in the onions and the bacon.
• Spray a rectangular casserole dish with cooking spray.
• Add the potato mixture.
• Grate 1/2 cup white cheese on the top.
• Place in the oven and bake casserole at 350F until the top has a nice golden color.