2 Tbsp olive oil
1/4 onion, diced
1/4 red pepper, diced
2 Tbsp flour
1 potato, diced
2 cups chicken stock
1/2 tsp dried parsley
salt and pepper to taste
1-1/2 cups frozen corn
1 cup milk
1/4 cup whipping cream
• Add 2 Tbsp olive oil to a medium pot on medium heat.
• Add the onions and sauté until almost soft.
• Add the diced red peppers and continue to sauté until onions are soft.
• Add the diced potatoes.
• Stir in the flour.
• Gradually add the chicken stock, stirring continuously.
• Add the dried parsley and season with salt and pepper.
• Heat 1 cup of milk in the microwave to boiling.
• Add the hot milk to the pot pouring through a small sieve to remove milk skin.
• Bring chowder to a slow simmer.
• Adjust salt if needed and stir in the whipping cream.
• Cover the pot and remove from heat.
• Let the chowder steep for 15 minutes before serving.