1/4 cup vinegar
water to submerge roast
2-1/2 lbs deer roast
1 cup red vine
2 Tbsp olive oil
sprinkling of rosemary, sage, savoury and sweet marjoram
1 cups red vine
1 large onion, sliced
segment of rutabaga
a bit of broccoli
3 bay leaves
4 thick slices of bacon
• In a deep bowl submerge venison with vinegar water and place in the fridge for 4 days.
• Rinse meat and pat dry with paper towel.
• Rub olive oil into the meat and roll into a mixture of herbs.
• Place in a clean bowl and pour 1 cup of red vine on it.
• Wrap and refrigerate overnight or up to 2 days.
• Preheat the oven to 325F.
• Line the baking dish with sliced onions.
• Discard the marinade and place the venison on the sliced onions.
• Surround venison with chopped vegetables.
• Cover the top with slices of bacon.
• Add 1 cup of red vine to the baking dish and cover.
• Place covered dish in the oven and roast for 1-1/2 hours or until tender.