2 cups flour
1 cup cottage cheese with whey removed*
1 cup butter
1 egg yolk
6 g instant dry yeast
10 g salt
• Combine and knead the ingredients thoroughly.
• Cover the dough and let rest in the fridge for 20 minutes.
• Preheat the oven to 400F.
• Roll out the dough very thin. [It can be a rectangle or a circle or something in between. What shape it is does not matter.]
• Brush half of the rolled out dough thinly with egg yolk.
• Fold the empty side over the egg brushed side.You now have 2 layers of dough.
• Again lightly brush half of the folded dough with the egg yolk.
• Again, fold the empty side over the buttered side. You now have four layers of dough.
• Next roll out the dough 1/2 inch thick and cut out the biscuits with the smallest biscuit cutter you have.
• Brush the biscuits with egg.
• Let them rest for 10 minutes.
• Bake at 400 F for 20-30 minutes until light golden brown.