1/2 cup milk, lukewarm
1 tsp sugar
4 tsp yeast
4 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1 cup lard
1 cup sour cream
2 egg yolks
1 egg, lightly beaten for glazing
salt for sprinkling
• Place the lukewarm milk, sugar and yeast in a small bowl.
• To a large bowl add the flour, salt.
• Add the lard and rub into the flour until well combined.
• Add the egg yolk, sour cream and the yeast mixture.
• Combine ingredients.
• On a lightly floured board kneed it into semi hard dough.
[Not actually hard dough, just not too soft]
• Form into a ball, cover, and place in a war place to rise.
• Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
• Place dough on a lightly floured board and pat down to 3/4 inch height.
• Score the top and spread beaten egg on the top.
• Cut rounds with the smallest biscuit cutter.
• Place the pogácsa on the prepared baking sheet.
• Lightly salt the tops.
• Turn the oven to 350F.
• While the stove warms up the pogácsa rests.
• When the oven is heated to 350F place the pogácsa in the middle of the oven.
• And bake until tops are golden brown.