3-4 large carrots, peeled and chopped
1/2 rutabaga, peeled and chopped
1-1/2 Tbsp butter
salt to taste
a tiny knife edge of ground cinnamon, a little less ground nutmeg and even less ground ginger
• Cook carrots and rutabaga in boiling salted water until tender.
• Pour discard cooking water and transfer vegetables into a food processor.
• Add the butter and purée until very smooth.
• Transfer purée back into the pot.
• Season with salt and stir in the spices.
• Transfer into a microwavable serving dish and reheat.