MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

23.9.11

FREEZING TOMATOES


No, you don’t have to cook them, peel them or anything. Freezing tomatoes is the absolute easiest thing to do. I took a few pictures after harvesting this batch, I wasn’t sure why at the time, but after talking to my friend who spent the afternoon cooking and peeling tomatoes for her freezer yesterday, I decided to put this on.

tomatoes
zyplock bags

• Select healthy, firm tomatoes of any type or size.
• Wash them and drain them.
• Lay them on a clean kitchen towel to dry off all the water droplets.
• When the tomatoes are completely dry, pack them into zyploc bags and freeze.

When you make soup, stew, or anything that requires tomatoes in a sauce, unzip the bag and take out a frozen tomato. Hold the tomato under warm running tap water for a few seconds. Rub it between your hands and the skin will just come off. Now drop the tomato into the pot. It’s that easy. For making lecsó, I lay the skinned tomatoes on a plate and partially thaw them before chopping them up.

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.

Blog Archive