2 tbsp water
1 cup cake flour
lemon zest, finely grated
6 egg whites
125 ml sugar free apricot jam
• Beat the egg yolks and 2 Tbsp water for 8 whole minutes.
• In a separate bowl whisk together the zest and the cake flour.
• Gradually beat the flour mixture into the yolk mix.
• Wash the beaters and beat the egg whites until very stiff peaks form.
• Gradually and gently fold the egg whites into the beaten egg yolks.
• Line a large, cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment overhangs the cake pan on every side.
• Reroll the cake and wrap it up with a clean towel.
• Put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
• Remove cake from the freezer and slice neatly with a chef’s knife.