2/3 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
6 egg yolks
1-1/2 cups unsalted butter, soft
2 tsp vanilla
• In a saucepan melt 2/3 cup of sugar in 1/2 cup of water.
• Boil to the soft ball stage, 115 C.
• In a bowl, lightly whisk the egg yolks.
• Gradually pour the yolks into the hot syrup, whisking vigorously.
• Continue whisking for 5 minutes or until pale coloured and thickened.
• Let it cool.
• Beat the butter until pale and creamy.
• Spoon by spoon beat the cooled egg-sugar mix into the butter.
• Beat in the vanilla.
• Spread a thin crumb coating on the well chilled cake.
• Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
• Remove cake from the fridge and spread on the rest of the cream.
CHOCOLATE MOUSSELINE BUTTERCREAM
• Melt 100 g semi sweet chocolate.
• Let it cool and beat into the cream.