image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

4.9.11

SUGAR FREE SWISS ROLL



This would be good cake roll for a diabetic or for someone wanting to cut calories. I filled it with sugar free apricot jam. At first it may seem like I was skimpy on the jam, but the amount given will be more than sufficient. Sugar free jam tends to be a bit runny and soaking the cake is not a good idea. I used the ‘allfruit’ brand; it is thicker and less runny than other sugar free brands. Eventually I will calculate the calories; in the meantime I am happy with the result.

6 egg yolks
2 tbsp water
1 cup cake flour
lemon zest, finely grated
6 egg whites
125 ml sugar free apricot jam

• Beat the egg yolks and 2 Tbsp water for 8 whole minutes.
• In a separate bowl whisk together the zest and the cake flour.
• Gradually beat the flour mixture into the yolk mix.
• Wash the beaters and beat the egg whites until very stiff peaks form.
• Gradually and gently fold the egg whites into the beaten egg yolks.
• Line a large, cookie sheet with parchment paper. Make sure the parchment overhangs the cake pan on every side.
• Pour the batter onto the cookie sheet.
• Gently smooth out the top.
• Bake at 350F until the middle springs back.
• Remove from the oven.
• Grab a hold of the overhanging parchment and quickly slide the hot cake onto the counter.
• With the parchment paper still attached, immediately roll up the cake from the short side.
• Let rolled up cake cool.
• Carefully unroll cake and gently peel off the parchment paper.
• Spread lightly with sugar free apricot jam.
• Reroll the cake and wrap it up with a clean towel.
• Put it in the freezer for 1 hour.
• Remove cake from the freezer and slice neatly with a chef’s knife.


2 comments:

  1. It looks delicious and very difficult. I have always been too scared of those rolled cakes even to try making them...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sissi you are a great cook. I have no doubt you could make anything you set your mind to.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive