1 cup whole raw almonds [unsalted]
12 squares white chocolate, chopped [12 oz or 340 g of white chocolate squares]
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Lightly spray a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
• Place the almonds on the pan and roast them for 5 to 10 minutes.
• Meanwhile, place a stainless steel bowl over a pot of barely simmering water. Make sure the bottom of the pan does not touch the simmering water.
• Place the white chocolate in the bowl to melt.
• When almost all of the white chocolate has melted, remove from heat and set the bowl on the counter.
• Stir continuously until it is shiny, smooth, and completely melted.
• Never heat white chocolate beyond 80-82°F (27-28°C). If the white chocolate has reached the maximum temperature and still is in chunks, do not heat it any longer, just keep stirring.
• Next, line a tray with wax paper.
• Arrange the roasted nuts on the wax paper lined tray.
• Pour the melted chocolate over the nuts. Do not worry if some of the nuts move out of place.
• Give it time for the bark to set at room temperature.
• Cut or break into pieces and store in a cool place.