1 cup butter
4 Tbsp sugar
2-1/2 cups flour
3 large eggs
3/4 cup light corn syrup
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
3 cups good quality baking chocolate*, finely chopped
1-1/2 cups walnuts, coarsely chopped
• In a bowl, combine softened butter, flour and sugar.
• Fully line a 9X13 inch baking pan with parchment paper. Make sure parchment covers all four sides of the pan. Once the filling is set it is very difficult to cut around the sides to remove the bar, so lining the sides is not an option.
• Press dough into the prepared pan.
• Bake at 350F for 25 minutes. Do not over bake.
• Meanwhile make the filling.
• Beat eggs, corn syrup, sugar, butter and vanilla extract in large mixer bowl.
• Stir in the finely chopped chocolate and the coarsely chopped walnuts.
• Remove pan from oven and pour the filling over the hot crust.
• Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until set.
• Cool completely in pan on wire rack.
• Slice into bars.
* I use Callebaut bulk chocolate. Do not use chocolate chips, they are designed to stay intact and you want the chocolate to melt while the bar bakes.