22.12.11

APRICOT BARK

This is the master recipe but there is a lot of leeway with making this bark. I tend to make it at the end of my Christmas baking frenzy from the last bit of chocolates I have left. In this instance, I still had a large block of white Callebaut and one square of semisweet and one square of bitter chocolates left. I used more apricots, because I like them. Since bittersweet chocolate is more expensive, combining the semisweet with the bitter was a great idea. I may do it again. It is important to use good quality chocolate, either Callebaut or Ghirardelli or at the very least Baker’s. Do not add anything to the chocolate; melt it, but just barely! For the shine let it solidify at room temperature. 

APRICOT BARK
6 squares of white chocolate, chopped
6 squares of bittersweet chocolate, chopped
1 cup dried apricots

• Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
• Place a layer of dried apricots in the pan.
• Place a non-stick fry pan on medium heat.
• Add the white chocolate to the pan.
• Continually stirring melt the chocolate partially, with chunks remaining.
• Remove from heat and stir until the remaining chunks have melted.
• Spoon the melted chocolate over the apricots. A flexible rubber spatula will ensure there is no waste.
• Add the chopped dark chocolates to the fry pan and continually stirring partially melt that too.
• Remove chocolate from heat and stir until all the chunks have melted.
• Spoon the dark chocolate over the white chocolate at intervals.
• With the end of a knife, draw the white and dark chocolate together to give a marble effect.
• Let bark chill and then brake into pieces.

Privacy & Cookies

This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this website, you agree to their use. To find out more, including how to control cookies, see here: Cookie Policy

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for the family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized the recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on "ZSUZSA'S COOKBOOK". From there click on any of the chapters to access the recipes. For the archive just scroll to the bottom of the page. I am not profiting from my blog, so visitors are not harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. The recipes are not broken up with photos at every step. Where needed the photos are placed following the recipe. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!