6 individually-wrapped caramels, unwrapped
1/4 can sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated)
1 Tbsp butter
2 cups pecan halves
2 1/2 cups pure baking chocolate, chopped
6 Tbsp butter
1/2 tsp glycerine
• Preheat the oven to 350°.
• Place the pecans on a cookie sheet; toast for 10-15 minutes.
• Remove from oven and set them aside.
• Line 2 cookie sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
• In a Pyrex bowl, combine caramels, condensed milk, and butter.
• Microwave for 1 minute and stir.
• Microwave for 1 more minute and stir.
• Continue stirring until the caramels completely melt.
• Drop 1/2 tsp caramel on top of each pecan cluster.
• Freeze the trays for an hour or two.
• Pull the parchment paper with the off
• Melt the chocolate, butter, and glycerine in a double boiler.
• Add a little whipping cream, this makes it easier to spoon the chocolate.
• Line a tray with fresh parchment paper and lightly spray with Pam.
• Arrange the pecans in clusters of threes Count clusters and set aside.
• Spoon 1 tsp melted chocolate over each pecan clusters.
• Return tray to the freezer for 15 minutes.
• Remove the first tray from the freezer.
• Pull the pecan clusters off the paper and drop them in the chocolate.
• Repeat with the remaining candies.
• Spoon the remaining melted chocolate on the tops.
• Let the candies set for several hours. Makes 36 candies