1 cup butter, at room temperature
1/2 cup sugar
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp grated lemon zest
4 eggs at room temperature
2 cups sugar
1/3 to 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
1/2 cup flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp salt
Icing sugar for dusting
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
• Fully line a 9x13 inch baking pan with parchment paper, extending it for easy removal later.
• In a large bowl cream butter, sugar and lemon zest until light.
• Add the flour and mix to combine.
• Press the dough into the prepared pan.
• Bake the base for 15 minutes.
• Meanwhile make the filling.
• Whisk together the eggs, sugar, lemon juice, and the flour.
• Remove base from the oven and pour the filling over the hot crust.
• Return to the oven and bake for 25 minutes, until the filling is set.
• Let it cool down to room temperature.
• Grasping onto the extended parchment ends, careully remove the bar from the pan.
• Trim off the edges.
• Cut into squares and dust with icing sugar.