3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup cake and pastry Flour
6 Tbsp icing sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 can [300 ml] Eagle Brand Dulce de Leche Caramel
1/4 cup flour
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325F.
- Fully line a small square baking pan with parchment paper, overlapping the sides for easy removal.
- Sift together the base ingredients, except the butter, in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter until creamy.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
- Gather into a ball.
- Press firmly and evenly into bottom of pan.
- Poke the dough with a fork.
- Bake for 20 minutes in the preheated oven.
- Meanwhile combine the filling ingredients in a stand mixer.
- Remove pan from the oven and pour the filling over the hot shortbread base.
- Return to the oven and bake for 30 minutes or until the middle is set.
- Remove from the oven, cool completely on wire rack.
- Chill overnight.
- Next day cut into squares.
- Dust the top with icing sugar. It's optional now. :-)