1 small zucchini
- Trim the ends and coarsely chop the zucchini. Don’t grate it.
- Dice the red onion.
- Place the chopped zuccihini in a bowl with the diced onion, egg, flour and the seasoning.
- Mix to combine. The consistency should be sloppy and wet.
- Heat up a nonstick fry pan on medium heat.
- Add just enough oil to coat the pan with about a quarter inch of oil.
- Scoop up a heaping tablespoon of the zucchini mixture and drop it into the oil. Leave room to flip over, do not crowd the pan.
- Once the first few are flipped over, you may add a couple of more fritters to the pan.
- Fry the fritters to golden crispness and serve immediately.