pinch of salt
1 egg white
2+2 Tbsp butter
salt to taste [actually taste it how much to add]
• Combine the flour, eggs and salt and 2 Tbsp melted butter and kneed it into a smooth and fairly firm dough.
• Shape into a ball, wrap in plastic and let it rest for 30 minutes. This will make the dough soft and easy to roll out.
• Dot one half with a teaspoon of filling 1-1/2 inches apart at regular intervals.
• Whisk together 1 teaspoon of water with the egg white. Reserve the yolk for the filling.
• Brush the dough between the heaps of filling with the egg white mixture.
• Remove the cloth and fold the other half of the dough over the filling.
• Press down firmly in between the heaps of filling.
• Using a pasta cutter, cut into separate squares, each containing one heap of filling,.
• Cook in boiling water in a covered saucepan for 8-10 minutes.
• When the pasta squares are cooked transfer them to a sieve to drain.
• Place in a serving bowl and pour 2 Tbsp melted butter on the top.