1-1/4 cups flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup smooth peanut butter
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp water
39 caramels (10.5 oz)
1/4 +1/8 cup whipping cream
1-1/2 tsp vanilla
1 cup pure chocolate chips
1/3 cup chopped roasted peanuts
• Line and lightly butter 13 inch by 9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• In a small mixing bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
• In a large bowl, beat the butter, peanut butter and sugar until fluffy.
• Beat in the egg and the water.
• Add the flour mixture and stir to combine.
• Pour into the prepared baking pan and spread out evenly.
• Bake at 375F for 20 minutes until light brown and center is firm.
• Place the hot pan on a baking rack to cool.
• Place the caramels and cream in a medium saucepan over low heat.
• Melt the caramels stirring occasionally. Mixture should be smooth.
• Remove pot from heat and stir in the vanilla.
• Carefully spread hot caramel mixture over the cooled crust.
• Sprinkle the top with chocolate chips and chopped peanuts and press them lightly onto the caramel layer.
• Cool in pan on a baking rack.
• Place in the fridge until bar is chilled and completely firmed up.
• Grasp the ends of the parchment paper and gently remove bar from the pan.
• Peel off and discard parchment paper.
• Gently slide the entire bar onto a large cutting board and slice.