In memory of Joyce
3-1/3 cups flour
1 cup less 1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 scant tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp sour cream
1/2 cup almonds, coarsely ground
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, sugar, baking powder, egg and the sour cream.
• Cut a sheet of parchment paper to fit a rimmed jelly pan.
• Place the parchment on a flat surface.
• Roll out 2/3 of the dough on the parchment to equal thickness and covering the entire sheet of parchment paper.
• Gently move the parchment with the rolled out dough onto a rimmed jelly roll baking pan.
• Spread the top with a thin layer of jam.
• Shape the remaining dough into long strands and place over the jam layer diagonally.
• [if you use a 9X 13 inch baking pan you should have ample dough left to make a lattice pattern]
• Sprinkle the top with coarsely ground almonds.
• Place in a preheated 375F oven and bake until linzer is lightly browned.
• Cut the linzer into squares.