image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

25.10.11

BABY BOK CHOY PASTA


It’s been freezing in the garden on and off at night, but the baby bok choy doesn’t seem to notice. Baby bok choy has a much sweeter flavour than adult varieties. I fry it up quickly with fresh peppers and a tomato and then combine it with cooked pasta. I am not sure about the nationality of this one, Chinese bok choy, Hungarian peppers, extra virgin olive oil and Italian pasta. Hmmm. This just might be a typically Canadian thing eh? I serve it as a side dish with either meat or fish. I only had yellow peppers at home. Using both red and yellow peppers definitely elevates this dish.

pasta for two
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 fresh peppers, 1 red and 1 yellow
1 medium tomato
2 bunches baby bok choy
salt and pepper to taste

• Begin with cooking the pasta.
• Wash the peppers and the tomato.
• Core the peppers and cut into chunks.
• Chop the tomato into 8 pieces.
• Wash the baby bok choy and drain.
• Separate the stalks and leaves.
• Chop the stalks and the leaves across.
• Heat a large non stick fry pan and add the olive oil.
• Add the peppers and the tomato.
• Add salt and pepper to taste.
• Sauté for a minute or two and then add the bok choy stalks; stir once.
• Add the leaves and stir once.
• As soon as the bok choy heats through the leaves will wilt.
• Remove pan from the heat.
• Drain the pasta and transfer it to a bowl.
• Add the bok choy stir fry, toss and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive