2-1/3 cups bread flour
1/3 cup butter, room temperature
1/4 cup sugar
1 pkg. vanilla sugar
1/8 tsp salt
2-1/2 tsp instant dry yeast
3/4 cup milk, lukewarm
2 Tbsp melted butter
1/4 cup butter, room temperature
4 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp cocoa, sifted
• In a large bowl, combine bread flour with soft butter.
• Add the sugar, vanilla sugar, salt and the instant dry yeast.
• In a small bowl whisk together the milk and the egg.
• Add the milk mixture to the dry ingredients.
• Combine to make soft dough.
• Turn the dough onto a lightly floured kneading surface.
• Knead for a few minutes.
• Place the dough into bowl and sprinkle flour on the top.
• Cover with a clean kitchen towel and let it rise in a warm, draft free place until doubled.
• Punch down and roll the dough out to half an inch thickness.
• Cut into twelve squares.
Prepare the filling next.
• In a small bowl whip 1/4 cup of butter with the sugar.
• Add the cocoa and stir to combine.
• Divide the cocoa filling between the twelve dough squares.
• Pinch together two opposite ends and then roll up the dough to encasing the cocoa filling.
• Line a small square pan with parchment paper.
• Spray with cooking spay and arrange the twelve rolls in the pan slightly touching.
• Brush the tops with melted butter and let the buktas rise until doubled in size.
• Bake the risen buktas in 350F oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.