4 pork chops without the bones
8 medium red potatoes
1/4 cup oil
1 knob of butter
1 cup full fat sour cream
4-6 Havarti cheese slices
1/2 cup grated Swiss cheese
salt and pepper to taste
1/2 nutmeg, grated
• Cook the red potatoes in their jackets.
• While the potatoes cook, prepare the pork chops.
• With a meat tenderizer pound the pork chops very thin.
• Cut off the fatty bits.
• Heat the oil in a non-stick fry pan and add the pork chops.
• Fry the chops on both sides but don’t pierce them. Turn them over with a pair of kitchen thongs.
• Place the chops on a plate and season it with salt and pepper.
• When the potatoes are cooked, pour off the water and let them cool a bit.
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Peel and slice the potatoes.
• Butter a large casserole dish with the butter.
• Arrange the potato slices on the bottom.
• Season the potatoes with salt and pepper.
• Spread the sour cream on the top.
• Lay the pork chops on the top.
• Slice the tomatoes and arrange them over the meat layer.
• Season the tomatoes with salt and pepper.
• Cover the entire dish with slices of Havarti cheese.
• Sprinkle Swiss cheese on the top.
• Grate half a nutmeg over the top.
• Place the cover over the casserole dish or wrap it well with aluminum foil.
• Bake the casserole at 350F for 40-50 minutes.
• Uncover casserole and bake for another 10 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and let the dish rest for four hours. If you put it in the fridge for the night, put the cover back on the casserole.
• Heat the dish through in a 350F oven and serve.