1/4 +1/8 cup unsalted butter
1/2 tsp lemon juice
2 Tbsp caramel syrup
2-1/4 cups icing sugar,
2-3 Tbsp sour cream
salt to taste
• Cook the butter until brown.
• Pour through a fine meshed sieve into a heatproof bowl and set it aside to cool.
• Set out the rest of the ingredients.
• Sift the icing sugar.
• Pour cooled brown butter into a medium sized mixer bowl.
• Add the lemon juice and the caramel syrup.
• Begin to add the icing sugar a little at a time.
• When the mixture looks too chunky to take any more add from the sour cream.
• Repeat until frosting is smooth and all the sugar has been incorporated.
• Add salt to taste.
• Caramelized butter frosting will keep in fridge for up to a month.
• To smooth out from cold, microwave a bit, then beat until smooth and light.