Serve this in a crusty bun or over a főzelék. Be sure to use extra lean chicken.
400 g extra lean ground chicken
1/4 cup onion, diced
2 Tbsp oil
1 slice of light rye
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp parsley
1/2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 + 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup oil
• Place the ground chicken in a large bowl.
• Sauté the onions in a non-stick fry pan with 2 Tbsp of oil until very soft.
• Add the soft onions to the bowl.
• Dampen the bread, crumble and add to the bowl.
• Add the egg, salt and pepper, parsley and the paprika.
• Add the freshly minced garlic and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs to the bowl.
• With clean hands combine the ingredients. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
• Form patties and roll each patty into the breadcrumbs.
• Heat 1/2 cup of oil in the frying pan and slowly fry the patties on both sides until crispy and golden.