image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

7.11.11

CHICKEN BURGERS - CSIRKE FASÍRT


Serve this in a crusty bun or over a főzelék. Be sure to use extra lean chicken.

400 g extra lean ground chicken
1/4 cup onion, diced
2 Tbsp oil
1 slice of light rye
1 egg
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp parsley
1/2 Tbsp Hungarian paprika
1 garlic cloves, minced
1/4 + 1/4 cup breadcrumbs
1/2 cup oil

• Place the ground chicken in a large bowl.
• Sauté the onions in a non-stick fry pan with 2 Tbsp of oil until very soft.
• Add the soft onions to the bowl.
• Dampen the bread, crumble and add to the bowl.
• Add the egg, salt and pepper, parsley and the paprika.
• Add the freshly minced garlic and 1/4 cup of breadcrumbs to the bowl.
• With clean hands combine the ingredients. Make sure the mixture is thoroughly combined.
• Form patties and roll each patty into the breadcrumbs.
• Heat 1/2 cup of oil in the frying pan and slowly fry the patties on both sides until crispy and golden.




6 comments:

  1. Zsusza, they look so good and remind me of the Japanese croquettes I have posted recently.
    You should try these one day with Japanese breadcrumbs (panko). For me they are simply the best and I have started to use them in non-Japanese recipes too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zsuza. I am Clara of Helen's Hungarian Heritage Recipes. I just came across your blog and enjoy reading some of the interesting Hungarian history. Although mom never made Fasirt from chicken, this looks nice. Kudos to you for not DEEP FRYING them. We put them back into the oven to drain off any excess fat. Also - we use 3 types of meats. It's so high cuisine when there's so many flavours.
    Cheers
    Clara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sissi, my daughter loves panco in everything too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Lizzy, thanks for writing. I try to stay away from beef - although I am cooking it at the moment - I am making a stroganoff for dinner. Well let’s just say I try to stay away from it at least from the ground kind. Chicken fasirt is rather nice, but my favorite is pork fasirt. The secret of good fasirt whatever it is made from is thoroughly combining the ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My mother made the thinly pounded pork version of this fasirt (she pronounced it as fashirt when discussing it, as I recall) though I didn't realize that there was a Hungarian dish of that name.

    ReplyDelete
  6. yes well there is. :-) there are other names too, some people call it husgomboc which translates to meatball but my family always called it fasirt.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive