1 cup plain flour [150 g]
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup + 1/8 cup milk [150 ml]
1/3 cup + 1/8 cup water [110 ml]
6 tsp lard or shortening for the tins
• Mix up the batter at least 2 hours before cooking.
• Whisk the eggs and then whisk in the rest of the ingredients.
• Batter should be thin.
• Do not refrigerate batter. Let batter rest for 2 hours at room temperature.
• Preheat oven to 425F.
• Add 1/2 tsp of cold lard or shortening to each muffin tin.
• Place muffin tin in the hot oven for a couple of minutes at 425F.
• When oil is very hot, remove muffin tin from the oven and quickly pour in the batter. Muffin tins should be 3/4 full of batter.
• Return muffin tins to the oven and bake at 425F for 20 minutes.
• Do not open the door while puddings are baking.
• When puddings are puffed up and golden brown remove them from the oven.
• Serve Yorkshire puddings immediately.