CROSTINI WITH OVEN ROASTED TOMATOES
The word crostini means “little toasts” in Italian. Crostini are made by slicing bread and toasting or grilling until crispy. The slices can be drizzled with olive oil and served plain with salt, or dressed up with a variety of toppings. In this case, the crostini showcases oven roasted tomato slices.
sliced day old baguette
herbed cream cheese spread
sliced white cheddar
roasted tomato sauce [or pizza sauce]
oven roasted tomato slices
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Brush or spray bread slices with olive oil and place them with the oiled side up on a baking sheet.
• Bake in the oven for 10 minutes or until bread rounds are barely toasted.
• Turn them over and toast for five more minutes.
• Remove from the oven and arrange the toppings on top and serve.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!