MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

7.10.12

BROCCOLI CARROT SALAD


It was the colourful photos that initially attracted me to this salad. The first time I made it I was really disappointed in the outcome, but then I stopped to think what I didn’t like about it, it was overly sweet and quite soggy. So I cut out the sugar and reduced the dressing components and didn’t add them until serving. This time the salad turned out great.

1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup coarsely grated broccoli stalks
1 cup grated carrots
1/4 cup sliced red bell pepper
1/4 cup grated onion
1/3 cup raisins
1/4 cup sunflower seeds
salt and pepper to taste
1 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp mayonnaise
1/2 cup shredded white cheddar cheese

• In a large mixing bowl, gently combine the broccoli florets, grated broccoli stalks, grated carrot, sliced red pepper, grated onion, raisins and the sunflower seeds.
• Season the salad with salt and pepper.
• Just before serving sprinkle with cider vinegar and add the mayonnaise. • Gently combine.
• Add the white cheddar and serve.

Translate

me

My photo
It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!

Blog Archive