HAM AND BREAD PUDDING
For the best texture of this bread pudding, use commercial white sourdough. Don’t use deli ham, leftover ham will give the best flavour and texture. Unlike other breakfast puddings [wifesavers] this can be assembled and baked on the spot. Great when unexpected guests or “pie eaters” drop by.
8 thick slices of commercial white sourdough
4 thick slices of cooked ham
3/4 cup milk [I used 1%]
salt and pepper to taste
1 tsp Dijon mustard
1/2 cup white cheddar cheese [optional]
• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Spray an ovenproof dish with cooking spray.
• Butter each slice of bread on one side.
• Make 4 ham sandwiches.
• Cut each sandwich into two halves.
• Arrange the sandwiches in the prepared dish in one layer.
• In a bowl beat the eggs with the milk, season with salt and pepper and stir in the mustard.
• Pour the egg mixture over the sandwiches and top with the cheese if desired.
• Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
• Remove from the oven and serve immediately.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!