image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

1.10.12

ROASTED BUFFALO TURKEY LEG


Succulent, tender turkey leg for the brown meat lover who gets short-changed year after year with dried up incinerated turkey legs just so the bird can be roasted whole to recreate that iconic Norman Rockwell moment. It’s American, but we follow, oh do we follow, and yes, I will be having one of those birds again, I will be a guest for Thanksgiving dinner on Sunday. So I thought why not be pro active and enjoy a nice tender turkey leg before the turkey breast dinner?

1 turkey leg [2 pounds]
salt to taste

Buffalo Sauce:
1/2 cup barbecue sauce
1/3 cup ketchup
2 Tbsp Tabasco sauce
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 pinch ground pepper
2 Tbsp liquid honey

• Salt the turkey leg and place it in a dish. Cover and refrigerate it for the night.
• Place the dish on the counter for one hour before roasting.
• Combine buffalo sauce ingredients.
• Preheat oven to 350F.
• Discard the juice that collected in the dish and place the turkey leg in a roaster.
• Smother the turkey leg with the buffalo sauce.
• Put the lid on the roaster and place the roaster in the preheated oven.
• Roast the turkey leg covered for 1-1/2 hours.
• Remove the lid and finish roasting until the skin crisps up, basting it occasionally.
• Remove from the oven and tent it with aluminum foil for 15 minutes.
• Slice and serve.
 

5 comments:

  1. Apart from breasts, it's not easy to get other turkey parts here (I would have to order them from my butcher), but I see they are totally worth the effort. They look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have them all the time, except the breast meat has no skin on it. I keep trying to get it with skin on, they promise and then don't supply. Turkey should be roasted cut up and not in the whole. The breast meat requires higher internal temperatures to cook and by the time it cooks, the legs are destroyed. I could try to cut it up myself, but I don't want to have to deal with the backside.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG...Zsuzsa, I love the Buffalo 'style' turkey leg...so delicious!
    I love buying turkey wings, and legs separately. Sure makes it easier to make some delicious soups, or just the turkey meat by itself...love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, the page you were looking for in this blog does not exist.

    Zsuzsa, your latest post that I have on my side-bar does not show up, and when I click on your blog, the above comes up, so that may be the reason why it doesn't show up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Elisabeth I thought it was timely to do a turkey leg before our Thanksgiving, not realizing that my thanksgiving dinner will be Chinese takeout this year... I hurt myself and now I cannot walk. It is a good thing I had some recipes waiting in the wings so I quickly did a write up and posted it. It was odd the link didn't want to change on your site. But then it did. I have a couple of more I could put up. It will be a while before I can cook beyond what is absolutely necessary. The one thing I will probably start doing is I will edit my earlier posts. Some of them I didn't even proofread before posting.

    ReplyDelete

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive