BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
I put the wrong yoghurt into the cart a couple of weeks ago. Instead of plain yoghurt, it was French Vanilla flavoured. I served myself a bowl and took a mouthful. Ugh. Since I ate into it, it could not be returned to the store. I contemplated throwing it away and then I made a nice, moist coffee cake with some frozen berries, since the fresh ones keep appearing on the kitchen table. My industrious better half practically lives in the garden these days. Today will be another sunny day and I can look forward to some kind of fresh berry again and some could even make it to the deepfreeze. Life is sweet in summer.
3/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup butter, softened
1 cup plain or vanilla Greek yogurt
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
2 cups cake flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 pinch of salt
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
1 cup brown sugar, packed
2/3 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
2 Tbsp butter, very soft
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Butter a 9X13 baking pan.
• Cream the butter and sugar.
• Add the eggs, yogurt, and the vanilla and set it aside.
• Whisk together the flour, baking soda and the salt.
• Add the dry ingredients to the yogurt-egg mixture.
• Stir until just combined.
• Spread half the mixture in the baking pan.
• Smooth out the top with a small offset spatula.
• Scatter the blueberries on the top.
• Distribute the remaining batter all over the pan. Do not tru to spread it out. There will be considerable spaces left without the batter.
• Next make the streusel topping.
• Mix the brown sugar, flour and the cinnamon.
• Rub the soft butter into the mixture.
• Drop the streusel mixture into the holes between the mounds of batter.
• Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS PITE
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)