SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
I tried making these into főzelék once, it was a bad idea. Sometimes I wish I could get my hands on fresh peas, but then I discovered how to cook snap peas… and it was love at first sight. The other bonus is sugar snap peas are available year around here. They come in a cellophane bag and are generally located in the chilled vegetable section. I had fresh carrots* from the garden, oooh these just added some wonderfulness to this great vegetable. The secret of cooking snap peas is in the timing. Never cook them beyond the bright green phase, once dulled in color, snap peas are spoilt. The best way to cook them is to sauté in a large, non stick skillet; sear them and turn them over often so they can cook quickly and evenly.
1/2 pkg. fresh sugar snap peas
1 Tbsp olive oil
• Wash the sugar snap peas under cold running water and drain.
• Cut off the stem ends and discard.
• Heat the olive oil in a large non stick skillet over medium heat.
• Add the sugar snap peas and salt to taste.
• Sauté tossing often for 5 minutes, until the sugar snap peas are crispy tender.
• Serve immediately.
*If using, sauté the carrot slices separately and then set them aside. Then add to the snap peas just before serving. New carrots cook up faster than old carrots.
- I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!
All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.
- ► 2014 (96)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS SÜTI
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (203)