REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
This buttercream has a lovely strawberry flavour. It is not as intense as artificially flavoured buttercreams, but the taste is real; after all, the flavour comes from fresh strawberries. I read somewhere that freezing the fruit before use intensifies the flavours, except frozen fruit makes a rather runny puree. So it’s debatable if less of a more intensely flavoured puree can result in a more intense flavoured buttercream or not. Instead of freezing, I opted for using more strawberries. The cream remained remarkably stable and pipe-able in spite of the 3/4 cup of strawberry puree. The butter and the sugar were whipped together frothy and the strawberry puree was incorporated ever so slowly and gradually. Had I dumped together the ingredients at the beginning, it would have been a runny mess. So take care and beat this buttercream long and hard and add the strawberry puree slowly and very gradually. The recipe makes just the right amount of buttercream to decorate 18 cupcakes. Or it could be used to fill or to cover a cake. To both fill and cover a cake, double the amount. The cream will survive at room temperature, but it tastes best when chilled. Cakes decorated with this buttercream should be well chilled before slicing.
2/3 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
2-1/4 cups icing sugar, sifted
3/4 cup fresh strawberry puree
1 tsp fresh lemon juice
• Cream butter and the icing sugar until very frothy, for about 5 minutes.
• Gradually add the strawberry puree and beat between additions.
• Finally beat in the lemon juice.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. This is to my old on-line friends and visitors: policing the comment section for spam and answering questions has become a chore. Good wishes to you all, happy cooking and keep on feeding your people with good food.
- ► 2014 (94)
- SAUTÉED SUGAR SNAP PEAS
- FREEZING APRICOTS
- CHOCOLATE STRAWBERRY CUPCAKES
- REAL STRAWBERRY BUTTERCREAM
- MEAT FILLED PASTA - HÚSOS DERELYE
- BLUEBERRY STREUSEL COFFEE CAKE
- STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
- PASTA WITH KALE
- BRANDIED CHERRIES
- CHERRY CAKE BARS - CSERESZNYÉS SÜTI
- BLACK FOREST CAKE
- MY DAILY BREAD
- STRAWBERRY SHORTCAKE
- BROCCOLI PASTA
- STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE
- ▼ July (15)
- ► 2012 (290)
- ► 2011 (179)
- ► 2010 (200)