image

image

MY COOKBOOK

MY COOKBOOK
Click on the Cookbook for the Recipes

Figyelem

Felvételeim nyilvános publikálása engedély nélkül nem használhatók.

6.7.13

STRAWBERRY RHUBARB CRUMBLE


This years Father’s Day celebration ended with a wonderful rhubarb crumble. Liv had chocolate dipped strawberries; the dads might be fond of rhubarb but the chocoholic grandchild could not be overlooked. Even though there were a couple of tense moments at the start, I forgot to put on the one order of pesto pasta; however the conclusion went rather well. Pulling together the meal is getting harder for me; there was a lot on my mind at the time plus being an almost senior citizen well you know… I forgot to take pictures, so this one is of the repeat. Father’s Day was almost a month ago, but the crumble was repeatedly good and now I know I will live for another day and with a few more dishes to come even though Canada Day went by the wayside. Never the mind, here is a cool video to celebrate Canada, the land and its creatures. Have a Happy Day!

Fruit Filling
2 cups diced rhubarb
2 cups sliced strawberries
1/2 cup blueberries [optional]
1 Tbsp fresh orange juice
1/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp cornstarch
2 Tbsp finely grated orange rind

Topping
3/8 cups flour
1 pinch cinnamon
1 pinch salt
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
3/8 cup oats

• Preheat the oven to 375F.
• Place the fruits in a bowl.
• Add the juice, sugar, cornstarch and the orange rind and toss.
• Butter a small baking dish and pour in the fruit mixture.
• In a medium sized bowl combine the flour, cinnamon, salt and the brown sugar.
• Rub the soft butter into the flour mixture.
• Mix in the oats.
• Crumble over the fruit and bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes.
• Reduce heat to 325F and continue baking until the fruit filling is bubbling and the topping begins to brown at the sides.
• Let the crumble rest for 15 minutes.
• Serve with vanilla ice cream and/or whipped cream.

 
 
 
 


 

Translate

me

My photo
I began to post recipes for my family and it turned out to be a work in progress. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has over 900 recipes of Hungarian and international recipes. My recipes are organized into a cookbook format. On top of the page click on the cookbook to get access to all my recipes. If I ever figure out how to add a printer friendly gadget I will add it. In the meantime feel free to cut and paste. Happy cooking!

Archived Recipes

All my previous posts are listed and organized into a cookbook. Click on the cookbook with the wooden spoon image on the upper left corner to access over 900 recipes. You may click on the archive below, but it can take a long time to load.

Blog Archive