STRAWBERRY LEMON BARS
Adapted from Freckled Strawberry Lemonade Bars, this is one of the most deliciously luscious treat I made recently. Taking a photo was a challenge. First, this is not a particularly stable bar, besides I had to work with a massacred project the following day. My better half couldn’t stop eating it last night; he kept going back to the kitchen to cut just one more slice. These bars are that good. I don’t think I had to stare in the face a more tantalizing fare since I went on this non-diet diet of mine. Heaven help me, the combination of shortbread, lemon and strawberry is brilliant!
1 cup flour
1/2 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup icing sugar
dash of salt
1/8 cup softened cream cheese
2 Tbsp flour
1-1/2 cup sugar
1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup strawberry puree
2 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp cornstarch
• Preheat the oven to 350F.
• Line a 9×9 inch baking pan with parchment paper.
• In a large bowl, combine the flour, butter, icing sugar, and salt until well mixed.
• Press the mixture into the prepared pan.
• Bake in the preheated oven for15 minutes.
• Meanwhile combine the eggs, cream cheese, 2 Tbsp flour, 1-1/2 cup sugar, and the lemon juice.
• Pour over the cooked crust.
• In a blender, puree the strawberries, 2 Tbsp sugar, and the cornstarch.
• Spoon the strawberry mixture randomly over the lemon layer.
• Return to the oven and bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, or until the lemon layer is fully cooked and firmly set. You will be able to tell by sight.
• Cool completely before cutting into squares or triangles.
• Dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
- It began with posting a few recipes on line for my family. "zsuzsa is in the kitchen" has more than 1000 Hungarian and International recipes. What started out as a private project turned into a well visited blog. The number of visitors long passed the two million mark. I organized my recipes into an on-line cookbook. On top of the page click on the cookbook to access the recipes. I am not profiting from my blog, so my visitors will not be harassed with advertising or flashy gadgets. Feel free to cut and paste my recipes for your own use. Publication is permitted as long as it is in your own words and with your own photographs. However, I would ask you for an acknowledgement and link-back to my blog. Happy cooking!